Re: [Exim] Compiling Exim on Irix 6.5 w/ Netscape Directory …

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Todd Jagger
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Compiling Exim on Irix 6.5 w/ Netscape Directory Server
On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Todd Jagger wrote:

> First, using the supplied Makefile-IRIX65 one gets:
>
> cc -c -O2 -OPT:Olimit=0 -I. os.c
> cc1: Invalid option `-OPT:Olimit=0'
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)

That worked when I tested it with release 3.16. In fact, I am shortly to
retest for the next release, so I'll double check that one.

> ld32: WARNING 84: auths/auths.a is not used for resolving any symbol.

If you haven't requested any authenticators, then that is not a problem.

> I know this is probably more of an Irix problem than an Exim problem,
> but I was wondering if anyone else out there could give some pointers
> about compiling Exim under Irix 6.5.

When it works for me (I'm likely to be trying in the next day or two) I
will let you know the details, but I won't be trying with the Netscape
stuff.