[Exim] Delivering mail based on a regular expression

Author: David Thorpe
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Delivering mail based on a regular expression
Sorry if this is a basic question but I hope someone might
be able to point me in the right direction. I'd like to
deliver mail using the pipe transport if the localpart
of a virtual domain matches a certain criteria, such as

subscribe-*@<localdomain>

Where * might be a series of digits. I was a bit confused as to what the
best option for this might be:

1. a system-wide filter? I'd prefer not to do this as it's only
meant for a certain
2. entries in an alias file for the domain? I think lsearch* lookups
only allow "*" as a catch-all after trying other combinations,
I didn't really understand how partial-lsearch works.
3. something else?

I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction, or
to some documentation.

Thanks,

David Thorpe
djt@???