[Exim] Security

Author: Marilyn Davis
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Security
Hello again,

I used the new and excellent search-the-archives facility but could
not find anything as specific as I hoped for in answer to my question.

I you remember me, I'm the author of eVote -- which has just been
released as eVote 2.5 -> http://www.deliberate.com if you would like
to have a look or try it out. Although it is not announced, the
"Zapatista Tools" are in the release. We talked about them here
before. One of them is the "angel" who provides some remote
protection for an email address against being forged onto email
lists.

But, that's not what I'm writing for.

I have just been named the "Facilitator of e-Democracy Projects" at
FreeDev, which is mighty exciting.

My first task is to write a little paper proposing election software
based on free software. In the paper I want to say that there has
been no security bugs logged against exim in ..... length of time.
Can anyone tell me that? Or tell me what I can say truthfully about
the security of exim?

Marilyn Davis Ph.D.
Facilitator of e-Democracy Projects
http://www.FreeDevelopers.net

p.s. We can sure use some expert help with thinking about all this
if anyone here would like to join us. Just go to the web site.