Re: [Exim] conf file?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Terry Boon
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] conf file?
On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 12:09:21PM -0400, Ethan Pierce wrote:

> Hi I recently installed debian 2.2 linux on a small 325mb 486 laptop
> for webserver functions on my lan. In setting it up very slim I may
> have missed some stuff, however exim is installed. Im setting up
> apache to mail me @ different places if there are problems etc.
> When I try and test the Mail program, I get the following upon send:
> 2000-10-28 12:01:06 Failed to open configuration file /etc/exim.conf
>
> So, my question is what should this file read, or where can I find a
> sample to guide me in setting up my own.

The Debian installation should have given you /usr/sbin/eximconfig,
which asks you some questions and then sets up the configuration file
in /etc/exim.conf

Try running that (you'll probably need root) and see how it goes. In
any case you get a thoroughly commented conf file at the end, which
will give you a sample from which to work if you need further
modification.

The exim docs in the Debian package are in /usr/doc/exim and the full
reference manual is spec.txt.gz

Best wishes,
Terry
- --