[Exim] Sending mail to smart host which uses POP before SMTP

Author: David Searles
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Sending mail to smart host which uses POP before SMTP
I'm getting sporadic "Relaying denied" errors from my ISP which uses "POP
before SMTP" to authenticate dynamic IP addresses. I have Exim configured to
process local mail with a timed queue runner ("exim -bd -qfl30m") and to
process remote mail with a scripted queue runner ("exim -qf") started after
a "fetchpop" to authenticate with the ISP when PPP goes active. All this and
I still get sporadic errors...

It appears Exim is sending some remote mail outside my scripted queue
runner. I was using sendmail before Exim and the only way I was able get
past this problem was to NOT have a timed queue runner but that slowed local
delivery noticably. I was hopeful that Exim's ability to run the local queue
only with a timed queue runner would solve this problem. It doesn't appear
to...

Am I missing something?

Blessings,

Dave Searles