Re: [Exim] problem in configuring my MUA for exim

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] problem in configuring my MUA for exim
Neeraj Manral rearranged electrons thusly:

> a linux (redhat6.0) box.How does a user retrieve his mails .

Using a pop server - not using exim (or give him a shell account on the box and
have him use pine / mutt)

> # telnet popserver 110
> Trying 202.54.X.X
> Connected to 202.54.X.X
> Escape character is '^]'.
> Connection closed by foreign host.
> #
> how should i check whether my pop-3d configuration is correct ?

I suppose you _did_ uncomment the line for pop3 in inetd.conf? Something like
this (wrapped across two lines)

pop-3   stream  tcp     nowait  root.mail    /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/chroot /home/popmail /usr/sbin/gnu-pop3d -i

[if you are not running pop3 chrooted, just remove that /usr/sbin/chroot
/home/popmail from the line]

> do i have to do some thing in the Exim configuration file ?

no

oh by the way - upgrade to redhat 6.2 (or at least your kernel, bind and
assorted other packages) if that server you mention has a public ip.

    -s (and as you are in india, try http://lists.linux-india.org for non
        exim related queries like this <g>)

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + sureshr@???
Linux is like a Teepee - No Windows, No Gates, Apache Inside