Re: [Exim] query about verifying aliases

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Phil Chambers
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] query about verifying aliases
On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Phil Chambers wrote:

> I would very much like to have exim interrogate remote systems when they are in my
> local domains list. Given that they are on my network and will give a rapid
> response it would not be too expensive. I can also be sure that they do verify at
> RCPT time.

By "local domains" I presume you mean some list of on-site domains, as
opposed to Exim's local_domains setting.

The basic code to do this isn't too hard, and it could of course be
controlled by a list of domains. There is even some embryonic,
experimental, commented-out code.

I see the point for on-site domains. It turns out to be less useful in
general, because some big domains (e.g. aol.com, unless they have
changed recently) accept all addresses and bounce them later.

Noted.