Re: [Exim] query about verifying aliases

Author: Phil Chambers
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] query about verifying aliases
Philip Hazel said, in part:

>        Note that Exim does not interrogate remote systems when verifying
> remote addresses[*].

> [*] Some MTAs do do this. I've wondered about it, but it would be
> prohibitively expensive, and not useful against hosts that don't
> verify at RCPT time.

I would very much like to have exim interrogate remote systems when they are in my
local domains list. Given that they are on my network and will give a rapid
response it would not be too expensive. I can also be sure that they do verify at
RCPT time.

At present, if I want to reject messages at RCPT time which are destined to be
passed on to one of my local domains, I have to maintain an aliasfile containing all
valid addresses on that domain. Where it is not possible to keep one I have to
accept all messages for that domain and put up with the non-deliverable
non-deliveries which result.

Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter