Re: [Exim] configuration

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] configuration
Neeraj Manral rearranged electrons thusly:

> My query is if i set up a separate linux box with exim can i have the same
> set up without changing the mailids if yes then how ?

Set up a public ip for your linux box and point your mx records to it, for
starters. Read the mail administrator's howto at linuxdocs.org

> I do not want to take risk of removing netscape mailserver from the sun
> netra m/c bcos its live !!

gradually transfer the accounts, and you dont need to change mail ids ...

> Netscape has a userfriendly window based format for entering usernames and
> adding users .How to add the users in exim?As i have some 300 users using

You can create virtual users (aliases) where all mail to them is delivered to
an mbox file.

> Where does the users mail get stored my spool dir is in /usr/exim /spool.?
> My questions may be very wierd but i am determined to impliment exim by 1 st

Depends on how you configure the spool directory ;)

read the exim faq at http://www.exim.org - it has answers to most / all of your
questions.

> jan 2001.
> Thanks for your guidance

good show ;)

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + sureshr@???
Linux is like a Teepee - No Windows, No Gates, Apache Inside