Re: [Exim] Exim quotas & alias file options.

Author: Drew Skinner
To: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim quotas & alias file options.
Hi;

At 2:17 PM -0700 10/17/00, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
>On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Drew Skinner wrote:
>
>> I've adjusted my delay_warning to be much lower for the initial warning & I
>> think that will take care of the sender. You almost need to have context
>> sensitive warning messages (shudder).
>
>I have to confess to wanting context (or reason) senstive warning *times*
>for exactly this purpose. I don't want senders to get normal delay
>warnings until after quite a few hours, but for deferrels due to quotas,
>I'd like the warning to go out right away.
>
>But I'm far from sure whether the additional complication in both code and
>configuration would be worth it for that feature.

I don't think it would be - coding aside the additional complication in config
would be an if / then nightmare that could grind the machine to a halt. That's
why I had the (shudder) in there :-)

<snip>

>First of all, the vacation progem is not nearly as loop-proof as a typical
>Exim filter/autoresponder.
>
>Wouldn't it be easier for everyone to just have an autoresponder director
>that used require_file = /home/${local_part}/vacation.msg and unseen.
>
>So all users would have to do is create a file vacation.msg (or whatever)
>and the right thing would happen.

Yep, both your response and Phil's has me staying a little later
than I'd planned at the office tonight <g>.

I think I'll pass through an autoresponder director then a vacation
director and
finally an alias director for final delivery.

Just gotta love how configurable Exim is !

Perhaps I should make it /usr/exim/configurationism =:o

n: an approach to an MTA that emphasizes the importance of
configurable properties ...

All the best,

Drew.