Re: [Exim] frozen messages

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] frozen messages
robert rotman rearranged electrons thusly:

> (exigrep 'msg-id' /your/log/file)
> to delete them do somthing like:
> mailq | grep "*** frozen ***" | awk '/^*[0-9]+[mhd]/{print "exim -Mrm " $3}'
> | sh

Erm... frozen messages can also be due to temporary DNS or other glitches at
either end, or because you accidentally had to restart your mailserver,

So, I prefer this first, before deleting every single frozen mail ...

I have 'auto_thaw = 1h' in configure - and auto-thaw tries to 'unfreeze' the
messages by attempting delivery of frozen messages at one hour intervals.

Or I can just do # exim -qff -v at the command prompt for a quick and dirty
unfreezing.

Of course, if these frozen messages are because of, say, a spammer trying to
dictionary attack your server, or someone trying to mail to assorted broken
recipient addresses (like those generated by a broken exchange server you
smarthost for, sometimes), feel free to delete the lot as above.

     +suresh
    CAUCE India - http://www.india.cauce.org

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + sureshr@???
Linux is like a Teepee - No Windows, No Gates, Apache Inside