Re: [Exim] POP3 Daemon

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises, Inc. and Shire.Net LLC
Para: Nigel Metheringham, Corin Hartland-Swann
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] POP3 Daemon
While it is true that there is no stand alone Courier POP server, the
complete Courier system does have a POP server. In talking with the
Courier author, he said to build the complete Courier system but then only
to activate and configure the POP server and nothing else. He thought that
might work to get POP only. I started trying it but had a build issue and
then other distractions come up.

I currently use exim and wu-imap and qpopper. I want to go to maildir and
exim and courier imap and some sort of pop, courier if I can, using LDAP
only authenication for virtual users. I have everthing running on my
testbed except the POP server, which I need to work on again.

Chad

--On Friday, October 13, 2000 2:49 PM +0100 Nigel Metheringham
<Nigel.Metheringham@???> wrote:

> Alternatively I would look at the Courier IMAP server, and also use
> qmail or maybe solid pop with that (for some reason there is no pop
> client with Courier). That handles MD5 auth. several types of auth
> database, SSL/TLS. It also combines with a pretty neat web front end
> and a delivery filter. The coolest part is that if you run all three
> of these you can then use the web front end to edit your filters
> without giving people more access to the mail server. Its filtering
> support for dummies!

Pengar Enterprises, Inc. and Shire.Net LLC
Web and Macintosh Consulting -- full service web hosting
Chad Leigh
chad@???            chad@???