Re: [Exim] thinking of replacing eximon

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Yann Golanski
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] thinking of replacing eximon
On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Yann Golanski wrote:

> I've done some work there as well, it's called eXimon and is on the ftp
> site. It's a Linux only at the moment (as I have no hardware to actully
> test it else where) and is very much a `what the company needs' and
> nothing more.

My modest contribution to the "monitor n machines" problem (in my case
4) is a Perl/Tk script which I mentioned on the list recently. It uses
rsh to run "exim -bp" on the monitored machines, and displays a single
stripchart with the total queue, each machine having its own colour.

This approach would not work for 34 machines. A proper client/server
implementation would be more flexible and efficient.