Re: [Exim] Hrm..

Author: Miquel van Smoorenburg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Hrm..
In article <20001010184840.A16752@???>,
Terry Boon <terry@???> wrote:
>On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 01:24:34PM -0400, Dave C. wrote:
>
>> This is a very simple question, but one which I can't seem to find the
>> answer to. Is it possible to have a single exim daemon listen on
>> multiple TCP ports.
>
>You *could* run exim via inetd (or equivalent), and then simply have
>two lines in /etc/inetd.conf -- one for each port.

If you're running Linux you can compile the option 'transparent proxying'
into the kernel. That will also enable the port redirect option
that you can control with ipchains

something like

ipchains -A input -p tcp -d <my.ip.addr.ess> <newport_number> -j REDIRECT 25

See also the ipchains manpage

Mike.