Re: [Exim] Forwarding Frozen Messages

Author: Philip Hazel
To: o.cook
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Forwarding Frozen Messages
On Tue, 10 Oct 2000 o.cook@??? wrote:

> I have a frozen bounce message on one of my servers running Exim that won't
> deliver the email because the sender's address was unroutable
> (<NRG710@???>... Sender domain must exist). The bounce was
> generated by a machine running Sendmail MTA. I'd quite like to forward this
> bounce message to postmaster@??? to alert them about it. What's the
> best way of doing that? I was guessing at a -M? option, but couldn't find
> one in the spec.

There's an option called -Mar which allows you to add a new recipient
address to a message. What I do is to add my own address, poke the
message to get it delivered to me, and then forward it from my MUA with
a covering note.

But I agree that in this particular case, the message almost certainly
has nothing whatsoever to do with ersfa1.bham.ac.uk. There has been an
increase in spam with forged senders in .ac.uk recently.