Re: [Exim] upgrade v3.03 to 3.16 breaks auto_thaw/retry queu…

Author: Graeme Wilford
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] upgrade v3.03 to 3.16 breaks auto_thaw/retry queue cleaning
> On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Graeme Wilford wrote:
>
> > Ever since we upgraded from 3.03 to 3.16, our queue of frozen messages
> > is failing to be automatically cleared out.
>
> I don't see this on my systems. I wonder what's different?
>
> > I've since changed the auto_thaw value to 8h.
>
> I have it set to 24h. I also have
>
> ignore_errmsg_errors_after = 12h
>
> > Messages simply aren't falling off the end of the retry list and being
> > dropped. Typically, they're local bounce messages where the originating
> > (external) sender is not deliverable to.
>
> Please run a delivery of one of these messages, with debugging turned on
> (-d9). That might show (me at least) why it isn't timing out when the
> delivery fails.

I've sent a -d9 delivery output privately to Philip, but as someone else
mentioned the problem on this list, I thought I'd mention that using the
ignore_errmsg_errors_after option has certainly reduced my queues of
frozen messages since this morning.

I'm now looking at only a handful of old frozen messages that refuse to die.

Cheers,
Wilf.
--
      Dr Graeme Wilford         SCS and IT Manager for EEIT&M
      School of EEIT&M          Phone: +44 (0)1483 879125