Re: [Exim] System filter - text content

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Paul Robinson
Para: Jason Robertson, exim-users
Temas novos: Re: [Exim] Monitoring of email (Was: System filter - text content)
Asunto: Re: [Exim] System filter - text content
On Mon, 02 Oct 2000, Jason Robertson wrote:

> Anyways: As for this, in a corporate sense, it should be in your policies,
> like here I notified all our employees I may log their e-mail if I feel
> that it's being abused, or used for suspicious behaviour.

As of yesterday, that activity is now illegal, under the new "Bill of Rights"
that came into play. If you monitor employees e-mail or phone conversations,
by law you are now infringing basic human rights, and you're looking at doing
some bird mate.

> I don't like doing it, because it adds countless hours of scanning through
> e- mail, but it was a necessary evil.

The way I explain my reluctance is that I receive enough e-mail of my own as
it is - why do I want to read other people's e-mail as well?

> But this also leads to the fact that I have notified many customers that
> any executable attachments may be checked over so as to determine if they
> are infected or not, which I maybe actually look into 1 of 10 of these
> messages. These are the ones that are infected but do not come up in virus
> scanning, but surely was infected, after I did a strings on the file.

We let customers know that there is an automated scanning process being
developed, and suspect attatchments will be flagged to us, and the mail won't
be delivered into the spool until we've checked it out for them. Admittedly,
this isn't actually working yet, but it *will* I'm sure.

--
______________/ Technical Director @ Akitanet -- http://www.akita.co.uk/ |

| PO Box 604, Manchester, M60 3PR / Centerpoint, Deddington, Oxon, OX15 0SG|