[Exim] Washington mbx again

Author: Choudhury, Sujit
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Washington mbx again
Can anybody tell me how maildir format would work in an environment
where there are 20,000+ students and total mail coming to the system is
about 50,000+?
We also backup everything using Legato, and if each mail occupies one
file, then the index will be very very big. On the other hand mbx
format will just have one file/user and the index will not be that big.
I have noticed that using standard Unix mailbox format, swap space used
by individual user is directly related to the mailbox (inbox/folder)
size. Is the same with mbx format? How does maildir uses the swap
space?

Sujit Choudhury

Sujit Choudhury
Unix & E-Mail Systems Administrator