RE: [Exim] Re: Solaris based Web mail

Author: Warren Baker
To: Torsten Curdt
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Re: Solaris based Web mail
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> Can you give a short statement why?

They are very similar, IMP has some features and SquirrelMail has other
features. But I generally feel SquirrelMail is more promising.
Installing Horde just use to IMP I feel is unnecessary, although that
does have some additional benefits. Like adding the other Horde packages
that work in conjunction with IMP.

I find the interface in SquirrelMail much better and more
eye-pleasing to the end user. One great feature of SquirrelMail is that
you can write your own plugins and it takes a matter of seconds to install
it. There are a number of plugins that already exist, for example message
filtering, the translate plugin, spellchecker (which IMP has as well) and
a number of others. It is a lot easier to customize it as well.

Later,
Warren