Re: [Exim] Re: Solaris based Web mail

Author: Roger Burton West
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Solaris based Web mail
On or about Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 06:03:10PM +0200, Torsten Curdt typed:
>> Another webmail interface you can check out is SquirrelMail.
>> It supports IMAP and requires PHP4.
>> I have been testing it and find it a lot better than IMP.
>> http://www.squirrelmail.org
>Can you give a short statement why?

Why I started using it: it didn't need java/javascript on the client,
so it was very well suited to hand-held platforms and that majority of
my users who care enough about security to keep java/javascript firmly
turned off. (Also quite configurable in the interface design.)

Things I don't like about it: needs PHP. Used to need cookies, though
it may not any more.

Why I stopped using it: a strange interaction between apache-ssl, PHP4
and squirrelmail that led to system lockups. But nobody else has
reported this, apparently.

Roger