Re: [Exim] TLS and strange errors

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Brian K. West
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] TLS and strange errors
On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Brian K. West wrote:

> Exim's db functions tester: interface type is db (v2)
> DBM library: Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 2.7.5: (04/18/99)
> USE_DB is defined
>
> Test the functions
> > open junk
> locked /tmp/db/junk.lockfile
> opened DB file /tmp/db/junk: flags=42
> opened 0
> > write abcdsf tesing
> dbfn_write: key=abcdsf
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> So I guess thats broken

Suggest you re-install a version of Berkeley DB. The current release is
3.x but certainly there are 2.x versions that have been in use for quite
some time. I was using 2.7.3 before I upgraded. However, I have just
noticed that its db.h file contains

*      @(#)db.h        10.174 (Sleepycat) 1/3/99

whereas you quoted, for 2.7.5

*      @(#)db.h.src    10.131 (Sleepycat) 6/2/98

That suggests to me that there might be something wrong with the db.h
file on your system.