[Exim] multiple aliases....

Author: six
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] multiple aliases....
hi ollie cook, and all who helped :)....

thanks for your reply. i tried your suggestion....something interesting happened but not really what i was after....

my exim setup is default.....but i also have

virtual:
driver = aliasfile
domains = partial2-lsearch;/etc/exim/clients/domains
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
file = /etc/exim/clients/$domain_data
search_type = lsearch*

to handle numerous virtual domains on my system.

in the "domains" file (in /etc/exim/clients) i have

*.mydomain.com:    mydomain

and in "mydomains" file i have

chrismail    chris

which means chrismail@??? goes to user chris....

if i had (as u suggest, to have multiples and them seperated by commas)

chrismail    chris, dan

then chrismail@??? goes to user chris AND dan

(note: this is wasnt what i was trying to do...but i can see how i can use this to send like sales@??? to all the sales people of my domain or somethin)

to review....i am actaully trying to have chris have chris@??? and newbie@??? as aliases.

i played around and achieved this (with my current setup) by following this particular rule.

any user can have any amount of unique alias BUT each alias has to begin on a new line, and each line can have more than one user

....my little effort back to the group for great help that i got from here :)....

thanks heaps...

regards

chris g