Re: [Exim] accept unresolvable domains feature?

Author: Michael Stevens
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] accept unresolvable domains feature?
On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 02:47:46PM -0500, Melanie Lampert wrote:
> but then how come it does not retry to send mail to the domains that it
> considers unresolvable? The messages bounce right away, so I know it did
> not retry resending them...

As I understand it, there are two cases in what you're calling 'unresolvable':

1) a dns server indicates the domain does not exist. In this case, exim
will give up immediately.

2) a dns sever indicates it can't answer the question of whether the
domain exists right now. Exim will retry.

I believe philip hazel said much the same thing earlier on this thread.

Michael.