[Exim] System filter

Author: Sean Bushby
Subject: [Exim] System filter
Hi everyone

You might all find this dumb, but I have tried to make it work and nothing happen.
The system_filter.exim file has the # Exim Filter at the top, so I assume at can be used as a .forward to filter. Meaning I can therefore tailor it to restrict as many attachment as I want, am I correct in saying this or completely wrong.

Cause I tried it and the attachment all went through, none were bounced

Can't one specify instead of

        message_filter = /conf/exim/system_filter.exim
        message_body_visible = 5000

to be something like

        message_filter = /home/$user/system_filter.exim
        message_body_visible = 5000

would this cause it to read the filter files each person directory rather than just one filter file, or does the $user make it look for only the filter int he roots dir due to exim being run as root. Maybe change it to $local_part ???

Regards

Sean Bushby
Network Administrator
Club Leisure Group