Re: [Exim] Bcc (again)

Author: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Bcc (again)
On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Questions:  1. Should Exim always remove Bcc: header lines:
>                (a) On messages received locally, not via SMTP?
>                (b) On messages received using local SMTP on stdin/stdout?
>                (c) On messages received using SMTP over the loopback
>                    interface?
>                (d) On messages received from other hosts? Note that this
>                    includes "local" mail from MUAs on workstations, etc.

No: And besides if people want this, they could do a remove_header in
their transports.

>             2. If the answer to any of 1 is yes, should this be
>                optional?

Absolutely. But I think it is already there with the ability to
remove headers in transports. (I've never used add or remove header, so
I can't really be sure)

>             3. What does Sendmail do? (The book doesn't seem to say.)

In the past (I haven't used sendmail for a while) it behaves like
exim. It only removes Bcc if called as an MUA with -t.

>             4. What do other MTAs do? I will collect and publish a
>                summary of any information collected.

Don't know.

I should say that I am surprised that Mutt doesn't do its job as an MUA.
I would suggest that you forward all of the response you get to the mutt
developers.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg