Re: [Exim] Bcc (again)

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Bcc (again)
On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 12:28:04PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Questions:  1. Should Exim always remove Bcc: header lines:
>                (a) On messages received locally, not via SMTP?
>                (b) On messages received using local SMTP on stdin/stdout?
>                (c) On messages received using SMTP over the loopback
>                    interface?
>                (d) On messages received from other hosts? Note that this
>                    includes "local" mail from MUAs on workstations, etc.

No. It is not the job of the MTA to mess with headers. I know that exim
has that capability (and it's usefull sometimes), but it should be kept
to a minimum IMNSHO.

Besides, MTAs should not fix MUAs silly default behaviour. It's the job
of the mutt developers to change that.

>             2. If the answer to any of 1 is yes, should this be
>                optional?

Definitly.

--
        Please use PGP when replying to this message
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer