Re: [Exim] Adding Users [UPDATE]

Author: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: wokness monster
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Adding Users [UPDATE]
On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, wokness monster wrote:

> I deleted everything in /var/spool/exim/msglog

I meant the main logs, not the message log.

> its contents are:
>
> 2000-09-18 14:20:12 wokness@???: system_aliases director deferred:
> /etc/aliases
> (lsearch lookup): file mode 0755 should not contain 0000

Please type

ls -l /etc/aliases

and report the results. Exim is complaining about something there.

> I also deleted everything in /var/spool/exim/input

That is really not a good idea, unless you know exactly what you are
doing. Since your mail delivery isn't working anyway, you didn't do much
harm, but in general that is the surest way to loose mail. With very very
few exceptions only exim should change that directory.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html