RE: [Exim] Blocking a local email address

Author: o.cook
To: ph10
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Blocking a local email address

Yes it is! :) But there was an error in the MYSQL_DOMAIN SQL query... it was
looking in the wrong table!

> > end
>
> ... You don't have receiver_verify set, so all message get into your
> host without checking first.

I've now added that option in - thank you!

> > LOG: 0 MAIN
> > lowest numbered MX record points to local host:
> snores.net (while routing
> > <lovesmall@???>)
>
> Is this actually correct? The DNS entries are
>
> snores.net.              MX 10 relay.mail.snores.net.
> snores.net.              MX  0 primary.mail.snores.net.
> relay.mail.snores.net.   A  194.201.48.10
> primary.mail.snores.net. A  194.201.48.11

> Those IP addresses belong to something completely different:
>
> Name: alpha.whitburn.xcalibre.co.uk
> Address: 194.201.48.10
>
> Is that one of your hosts? (The other one is "bravo".) Is snores.net
> supposed to point there? If so, you need to have it in
> local_domains. If
> not, you need to get the DNS entries altered.

Yes, that DNS information is correct. For each of our virual domains we make
relay.mail.domain.tld point to alpha's IP and primary.mail.domain.tld point
to bravo's IP.

Thanks for your advice Philip, I've now ammended the configuration and it's
all working as I expect it to!

Regards,
Ollie