RE: [Exim] Blocking a local email address

Author: o.cook
To: ph10, o.cook
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Blocking a local email address
Sorry I should have explained more fully. I'm using a virtual hosting setup
probably best explained if I post 'configure' in full. (passwords/hosts
removed but the rest is there).

##########################
MYSQL_ALIAS = SELECT MYSQL_ALIASFIELD FROM MYSQL_AUTHTABLE WHERE
MYSQL_DOMAINFIELD LIKE '${quote_mysql:domain}' AND MYSQL_USERNAMEFIELD LIKE
'${quote_mysql:$local_part}' AND MYSQL_ISALIASFIELD='yes'
MYSQL_ALL_ALIAS = SELECT MYSQL_ALIASFIELD FROM MYSQL_AUTHTABLE WHERE
MYSQL_DOMAINFIELD='${quote_mysql:domain}' AND MYSQL_USERNAMEFIELD='@' AND
MYSQL_ISALIASFIELD='yes'
MYSQL_USER = SELECT DISTINCT MYSQL_DOMAINFIELD FROM MYSQL_AUTHTABLE WHERE
MYSQL_DOMAINFIELD LIKE ${quote_mysql:$domain}' AND MYSQL_USERNAMEFIELD LIKE
'${quote_mysql:$local_part}' AND MYSQL_ISALIASFIELD='no'
MYSQL_DOMAIN = SELECT DISTINCT MYSQL_DOMAINFIELD FROM MYSQL_AUTHTABLE WHERE
MYSQL_DOMAINFIELD='$key'
MYSQL_RELAY = SELECT ip FROM relay_ip WHERE ip="${sender_host_address}" AND
DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL RELAY_TIMEOUT) < ts
mysql_servers =
"MYSQL_AUTHSERVER::MYSQL_AUTHPORT/MYSQL_AUTHDB/MYSQL_AUTHUSER/MYSQL_AUTHPASS
WORD"

LOCAL_DOMAINS = localhost:server.domain.co.uk
primary_hostname = server.domain.co.uk
local_domains = LOCAL_DOMAINS:mysql;MYSQL_DOMAIN
forbid_domain_literals
never_users = root
host_accept_relay = localhost:mysql;MYSQL_RELAY
host_reject = +warn_unknown
#rbl_domains = rbl.maps.vix.com:relays.orbs.org
trusted_users = mail:majordom
remote_max_parallel = 15
auto_thaw = 4h
end

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
allow_localhost
local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
file = /var/spool/mail/${local_part}
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
group = users
mode = 0600
virtual_delivery:
driver = appendfile
file = /var/spool/mail/virtual/${domain}/${local_part}
user = mail
group = mail
mode = 0660
address_pipe:
driver = pipe
return_output
address_file:
driver = appendfile
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
address_reply:
driver = autoreply
end

system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
domains = LOCAL_DOMAINS
file = /etc/mail/aliases
search_type = lsearch
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe

majordomo_aliases:
                                driver = aliasfile
                                file = /home/majordom/lists/list.aliases
                                search_type = lsearch
                                user = majordom
                                group = majordom
                                pipe_transport = address_pipe

userforward:
driver = forwardfile
domains = LOCAL_DOMAINS
file = .forward
no_verify
no_expn
check_ancestor
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
reply_transport = address_reply
virtual_local_user:
domains = ${lookup mysql {MYSQL_USER}{$value}}
driver = smartuser
transport = virtual_delivery
virtual_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
search_type = mysql
query = MYSQL_ALIAS
include_domain = true
virtual_all_alias:
driver = aliasfile
search_type = mysql
query = MYSQL_ALL_ALIAS
include_domain = true
localuser:
driver = localuser
domains = LOCAL_DOMAINS
transport = local_delivery
end

lookuphost:
driver = lookuphost
transport = remote_smtp
end

*                      *           F,2h,5m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,1h
end
end
##########################

If an email arrives for a virtual domain, a lookup if performed in the MySQL
database to see if an alias exists. This can either be an alias with a local
part or '@', to catch all emails to that domain. If an alias is found the
message is forwarded on.

If no alias exists, as with the particular address I'm having problems with
(lovesmall@???), the message gets frozen.

A little diagnosis:

[root@bravo:~]# sendmail -d2 -bt
Exim version 3.15 debug level 2 uid=0 gid=0
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: DB 2.4.14: (6/2/98)
Caller is an admin user
Caller is a trusted user
> lovesmall@???

lookuphost router called for lovesmall@???
dns lookup: route_domain = snores.net
LOG: 0 MAIN
lowest numbered MX record points to local host: snores.net (while routing
<lovesmall@???>)
lookuphost router: error for snores.net
message: lowest numbered MX record points to local host
lovesmall@??? cannot be resolved at this time:
lowest numbered MX record points to local host

I hope the above will help you to help me look in the right places!

Regards,

Ollie
Ollie Cook              Mobile: +44 (7946) 057 198
Programmer, Administrator  XCalibre Communications
PGP:            http://ollie.zenox.dhs.org/pgp-key
950C 36F2 CE30 3E95 0DC3  E2A3 C3DA 59A3 53D2 9567