[Exim] RAM disk for hints database?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: michael
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] RAM disk for hints database?
Hello,

I just wondered if it might be helpful to put the hints database on a
RAM disk during regular operation. Did anybody try that yet?

In the past, I had the problem that a local ldap server was being hurt
by the steady stream of mails flushing the page cache, thus causing
many small I/O requests from the ldap server, that don't eat up much
bandwidth, but simply take a long time and in turn slow down exim by
keeping the disk busy. Moving the ldap server to a different machine
gave a huge speedup on both machines.

Now I wonder if the hints database might experience a similar problem.

Any comments?

Michael