Re: [Exim] Email Aliases DB?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Richard Welty
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Email Aliases DB?
At 07:16 PM 9/12/00 +0200, Phil wrote:
>On 2000-09-08 at 02:03 +0200, Chris Knipe gifted us with:
> > Err, not wanting to be a expert here, but isn't LDAP a protocol used for
> > locating people?

>LDAP - Lightweight Directory Access Protocol. It can store quite a lot
>more than that. Significantly more. It's often used for associating
>data with people; such as, "what's their mailbox and where is it?"

and beyond that...

most major vendors of network devices are migrating to a model where
configurations are kept in LDAP servers, to be downloaded to devices on
request. the devices manufactured by my employer have done this since the
spring; other vendors such as Cisco are also heading this way.

LDAP is a hierarchical directory storage system cut down from the X.500
stuff (hence, the "Lightweight".) anything that may be represented in a
tree form may be stored in it; it is efficient for lookups, but is no
substitute for a real SQL RDBMS in cases where large amounts of data are
being updated, and/or complex queries are being done.

richard

--
Richard Welty                 rwelty@???
Any type of UBE (Unsolicited Bulk EMail) to this account