Re: [Exim] Email Aliases DB?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Email Aliases DB?
On 2000-09-08 at 02:03 +0200, Chris Knipe gifted us with:
> Err, not wanting to be a expert here, but isn't LDAP a protocol used for
> locating people?

LDAP - Lightweight Directory Access Protocol. It can store quite a lot
more than that. Significantly more. It's often used for associating
data with people; such as, "what's their mailbox and where is it?"

> The Office.sunnyline.co.za domain zone will then automatically be updated
> with what Microsoft calls, WKS Records (Well Known Service), which tells

RFC 1035, "3.4.2. WKS RDATA format", dating from November 1987. It's
not new.

> Hmmm, exactly the kind of attitute I want to see get changed over the next
> few years....

This is an Exim mailing-list, for the discussion of Exim, and
occasionally referring to related technologies in passing. This is not
a "OS-which-Exim-doesn't-run-on--Advocacy-List".
--
A science is said to be useful if its development tends to accentuate the
existing inequalities in the distribution of wealth, or more directly promotes