Re: [Exim] Support for TLS/SSL

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: patl
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Support for TLS/SSL
On Mon, 11 Sep 2000 patl@??? wrote:

> Replacing the implementation wouldn't necessarily cause
> incompatibilities at the user level.

True, but in this case I can't see what that gains you. The
implementation of the SMTP dialogue is very simple; the implementation
of credential checking is just an expansion string (also simple in
concept). I don't see how using an external library helps - and it
certainly hinders in the sense that users would have to install it.

> Hmm. I suppose you could add an explicit sasldb lookup and use
> libsasl to access it without necessarily using the protocol
> portions of the library. That would also give you a chance to
> find out more about what the library provides and make it easier
> to decide whether to replace existing code.

*Somebody* could. That would seem to be the straightforward way of doing
this. The protocol portions of the library are, I suppose, another SASL
"mechanism", which in Exim terms translates to another "authenticator",
which could also be written if needed.