Re: [Exim] Support for TLS/SSL

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: patl
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Support for TLS/SSL
On Fri, 8 Sep 2000 patl@??? wrote:

> > Then I don't think it's relevant. Exim already has its own SASL support
> > (for SMTP AUTH) and support for PAM (though not Kerberos directly).
>
> Is it worth considering replacing the native support with the
> Cyrus library for increased compatability?

It is too late to replace it, because plenty of people have deployed in
already.

As I know nothing about the interface to the Cyrus library, I don't know
how easy/hard it would be to make use of it within the current way that
Exim works.

> I'm not very familiar with exactly what all is available in the
> PAM interface; but the traffic on the cyrus-sasl mailing list
> implies that the sasl library must directly support the sasldb
> and Kerberos alongside PAM instead of making them PAM modules
> because PAM does not (sufficiently?) support multiple realms.

I don't grok "realms", I'm afraid, being very much a novice at all this
stuff.

If sasldb has some kind of database-like interface, it could perhaps be
accessed from Exim by some new kind of lookup.