Re: [Exim] Locked mail spool file

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Trevor Sky Garside
A: exim-users, Christian Balzer
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Locked mail spool file
> > > I am taking on the rather bold task of writing my own POP3 daemon, and
I'm
> > > stuck on how to actually handle the mail-spool file.
> >
> >I must say... Why reinvent the wheel? Is their a reason to write your

own
> >pop3d? what feature are you looking for that you cant find?
> >

> Well, I can't speak for Trevor but right now I'm not aware of any POP3
> deamon that supports native LDAP (no, PAM is not what I want, it gives
> me headaches among other things). And courier-imap is nice, but not a
> good/easy/economic solution for an ISP style business.

You hit it pretty well. I'm basically looking to make it very flexible in
authentication, so that I can change my mind on how I want to authenticate
email users without hours of re-structuring of the mail server. I've spent
the last few weeks trying to make various poppers do what I want, and have
given up.

I'm just wondering how Exim handles encountering a flock'd file (or if
anyone has any good ideas here).

Thanks

Trevor Sky Garside
trevor@???