Re: [Exim] Exim deliveries in Maildir format, Courier IMAP a…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Michael J. Tubby
Cc: Nigel.Metheringham, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim deliveries in Maildir format, Courier IMAP and Filtering
On Sun, 10 Sep 2000, Michael J. Tubby wrote:

> All,
>
> We have been using Exim with wu-imapd for several years and IMAP performance
> has been poor with wu-imapd and large mailboxes, especially using Eudura with
> connections to 8 or 9 mailboxes :-(

Have you considered using mbx format (not mbox) instead of unix mail boxes
with uw-imapd. It is what the UW people recommend, and the constantly
point out that performance will be terrible with traditional mailboxes.

I haven't personally used mbx except for very small tests, but I know that
some sites at Oxford have.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg