Re: [Exim] block outsider to my local mailing list

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
Para: patl
CC: Tao Wu, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] block outsider to my local mailing list
On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 05:55:07PM -0700,
patl@??? <patl@???> is thought to have said:

> True; but every time you added a user you would have to remember to
> add their address to that file. (The script would have to work from
> the passwd file, not the aliases; and you would have to make sure that
> any incoming messages from local users had been canonicalized to remove
> their hostname from the domain part before passing them to majordomo.)

Umm actually you'd want to use the aliases rather than the password file so
that users with multiple aliases can use whichever they want for mailings.
And besides my users don't have accounts on my mail servers. We're also
talking about a handful of lines of perl or shell scripting at most, running
out of cron on a periodic basis. Not terribly difficult to setup or taxing
on the system except in large installations. But anyway, this is well off
the topic of Exim by now.

> It is -much- simpler to setup an exim director to reject mail from
> outside addresses. (Note that the Majordomo/Mailman/etc. solutions
> require greater changes to the exim config file)

Your opinion. I happen to like MLMs for managing my lists and don't find
working with them to be terribly difficult.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality