Re: [Exim] block outsider to my local mailing list

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: patl
Para: Tabor J. Wells
CC: Tao Wu, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] block outsider to my local mailing list
On 10-Sep-00 at 17:03, Tabor J. Wells (twells@???) wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 04:23:45PM -0700,
> patl@??? <patl@???> is thought to have said:
>
> > That only works if you want to restrict posting to list members;
> > if he actually wants anyone within his company to be able to post
> > to these internal lists he'll need to a custom director in the
> > exim file. I would suggest:
>
> Not necessarily. In the case of Majordomo, restrict_post can refer to any
> file containing a list of email addresses. A simple script could dump that
> out of your aliases file on a regular basis.

True; but every time you added a user you would have to remember to
add their address to that file. (The script would have to work from
the passwd file, not the aliases; and you would have to make sure that
any incoming messages from local users had been canonicalized to remove
their hostname from the domain part before passing them to majordomo.)

It is -much- simpler to setup an exim director to reject mail from
outside addresses. (Note that the Majordomo/Mailman/etc. solutions
require greater changes to the exim config file)

-Pat