著者: Nigel Metheringham
To: Leonardo Boselli
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Imap for heawy users
leo@??? said:
> I have aboput 30 users, that however keep huge mailboxes (I have seen
> more than 20 MB on inbox, and more than 100 in archives). I wish to
> let them use IMAP .

Either machine would have no trouble with that unless the traffic
through the machine is way out of proportion to your userbase (frankly
no PII class linux box should really have trouble handling a thousand
users).

Personally, I would use something other than mbox format for the mail
store - otherwise you are likely to find that your imap process
requires for each person as much memory as their largest mailbox plus a
meg or two (since imap processes tend to be long lived).

I've used cyrus successfully previously, am looking currently at
courier, both of which use one file per message mailbox formats and
work with exim.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]