Re: [Exim] Imap for heawy users

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
Para: Leonardo Boselli
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Imap for heawy users
On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Leonardo Boselli wrote:

> I have aboput 30 users, that however keep huge mailboxes (I have
> seen more than 20 MB on inbox, and more than 100 in archives).
> I wish to let them use IMAP .
> I have two alternatives: (OS : Linux , MTA: Exim 3.12 or 3.16 )
> 1) using a machine with a single PII 333 and 128 MB RAM
> 2) using a machine with a duel PII266 and 64 MB RAM
> (The only services will be exim, imap, pop, and apache-ssl only for
> a limited service)
> a) What is the better ???? how much ???

With that sort of usage I would have thought that CPU was unnecessary
(I have ~300 users on a 40Mhz (forty) sparc). With big files like that
the extra memory might be useful, but I'd also consider the speed of the
disk. If the files were small this benchmark would be meaningless, but
    hdparm -dD <device>
results might mean something in this case.

Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna