Re: [Exim] Bad sequence of command

Author: Christian Balzer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Bad sequence of command
Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

>> The MTA of a major mobile phone company is smoking bad crack and gives a
>>
>>     SMTP error from remote mailer after initial connection:
>>     host mfsmax.docomo.ne.jp [210.153.85.216]:
>>     503 Bad sequence of command

>> to most (but not all!) mails send to it.
>> I use queue_smtp_domains = "*" and a queue-runner every minute and
>> my suspicion is that they don't handle multiple mails in one
>> session well over there.
>
>What you could do is set up a specific router for mail going there which
>uses a specific smtp transport which has whatever options it takes to just
>send one message at a time.

I semi-fixed this by excluding that domain from queue_smtp_domains.
Only one more bounce when actually 2 mails where comming in thru one
connection as well confirm their problem. Of course it's not a solution.

Dewa,

<CB>
--
Christian Balzer        Network Engineer        Engineering
c-balzer@???   Exodus Communications K.K.