Re: [Exim] user%domain@domain.com

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Roger Burton West
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] user%domain@domain.com
On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 09:28:09PM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 11:16:13PM -0500, Brian K. West wrote:
>> Ok I am think verify_recip will fix this.. but my box will accept
>> user%domain.com@??? but will bounce mail... I got a nasty complaint
>> from someone that bitched me out because he thinks my server is an open
>> relay because it accepted the mail for delivery.. So should I turn on
>> verify_recip or not? or just reject the mail. I need some opinions on this
>> one.
>
>So yes, you want to turn that off, otherwise you are indeed an open relay
>and Orbs will list you as soon as they find out, and if your site actually
>gets abused and people complain, MAPS will list you too.

Um, no - accepting the mail and dropping it silently, rather than
delivering it, will not trigger ORBS or MAPS checks. It may
(arguably) be the Wrong Thing to do, but it's common enough that
they have to allow for it.

Roger

--
Besides, we all know that half of the fun of Real Evil is working in
such a manner that people don't know you're being evil to them... --