Re: [Exim] user%domain@domain.com

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Trevor Sky Garside
Para: Brian K. West, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] user%domain@domain.com
> Ok I am think verify_recip will fix this.. but my box will accept
> user%domain.com@??? but will bounce mail... I got a nasty

complaint
> from someone that bitched me out because he thinks my server is an open
> relay because it accepted the mail for delivery.. So should I turn on
> verify_recip or not? or just reject the mail. I need some opinions on

this
> one.

The key question here is: What does your mail server do with the received
message?

If it bounces it back to the sender as undeliverable, then the person
complaining about you being an open relay is smoking something quite strong.
An open relay would have to actually *relay* the mail.

If you do relay the mail, then why? Have you turned on the percent hack
(which I cannot see any practical use for, anyway)? You can't be listed on
a spam blackhole list if your box doesn't relay mail.

Trevor Sky Garside
trevor@???