[Exim] Bad sequence of command

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Christian Balzer
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Bad sequence of command
Hello,

I'm in the process of deploying a complete new mail system
based purely on Exim with LDAP support for about 30000 users.
For those with performance number fetish, it can receive about
1000 mails/minute while being 50% idle. Since the current setup
has everything in duplicate that's actually 2000 mails/min.

The first part of this system to be subjected to real life tests
are the outbound SMTP servers, active since yesterday. All works
as expected, with one exception.

The MTA of a major mobile phone company is smoking bad crack and gives a

    SMTP error from remote mailer after initial connection:
    host mfsmax.docomo.ne.jp [210.153.85.216]:
    503 Bad sequence of command

to most (but not all!) mails send to it.
I use queue_smtp_domains = "*" and a queue-runner every minute and
my suspicion is that they don't handle multiple mails in one
session well over there.

Now while I know that Exim is doing the right thing and they're not
(simply proven by the fact that 3000 other MTAs didn't have an issue
and the interesting fact that postmaster@??? does not exist)
I would like to prove it to them (if I ever find I way to contact them)
and my management.
Is there a way to log/report _outgoing_ SMTP dialogue within Exim?
Inbound I can find options for, but not outbound.

Dewa mata,

<CB>
--
Christian Balzer        Network Engineer        Engineering
c-balzer@???   Exodus Communications K.K.