[Exim] Two Dialup ISP Connections and Exim

Author: Mark Wardell
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Two Dialup ISP Connections and Exim
Hello,

I have two ISP accounts which I access through two dial up connections.
Right now I use fetchmail to get mail from these servers and dump the
mail into two user accounts on my Linux box. I am having difficultly
configuring the outbound mail.

I would like to have mail from user1 get forwarded to
smarthost.isp1.com, and mail from user2 get forwarded to
smarthost.isp2.com. So the email looks like it is from user1@???,
or user2@???. I found in the FAQ how I can make the smarthost
conditional which is cool...

The problem is when I connect to one isp1.com and use exim's runq, it
processes the whole queue, and will try to forward user2's email
through smarthost.isp2.com. smarthost.isp2.com refuses this connection
because it does not originate from one of it's dailup ppp connections
(it is coming from an isp1.com address). Then the mail bounces and
does not get delivered.

Is there some way I can get Exim to handle this condition. If I could
get runq to only process the queue items for a certain smarthost that
would work, but I don't see that option available. Is there another
approach that would work?

I am using version 3.12

Thanks in advance,
M.