Re: [Exim] Does Exim have security problems?

Author: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Exim] Does Exim have security problems?
On 2000-09-06 at 00:51 -0400, Greg A. Woods gifted us with:
> rather choose something like Cyrus Sieve:
>
>     <URL:http://www.cyrusoft.com/sieve/>

That's an example implementation of something which is currently in IETF
draft. See:

draft-showalter-sieve-12.txt
draft-showalter-sieve-vacation-04.txt
draft-murchison-sieve-regex-02.txt
draft-murchison-sieve-subaddress-01.txt

subscription is a case of:
$ echo subscribe | Mail -s '' ietf-mta-filters-request@???
and the list archive is at
<http://www.imc.org/ietf-mta-filters/mail-archive/>

I lurk on the list. :^)

> I suppose even Sieve could be built into the MTA, but I think it's safer
> and cleaner to keep it separate, and in the face of a mailer that's got
> such good debugging and tracing support, more sucure from the user's
> point of view too!

I was thinking that Sieve would be just another transport, but with the
director defining other transports (file_transport, etc) for things like
'keepinto'. That way you can integrate cleanly into the existing setup
and not lose out on the support for various mail stores, etc.
--
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.
We believe in world peace through extortionate license fees." -Bluemeat