Re: [Exim] Does Exim have security problems?

Author: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Exim] Does Exim have security problems?
On 2000-09-05 at 15:52 -0400, Greg A. Woods gifted us with:
> Such sensitive information can just as easily live in another separate
> configuration file read only by the filtering software itself and thus
> even exim can't be directly tricked into revealing its contents to your
> users.

See <http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.10/doc/html/filter.html>

Mind, I partially agree. One of my system's users uses Exim's extended
syntax for .forward files, and I can see an uncomfortably large amount
of information about his mailing-lists via my cron-job'd eximstats.
--
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.
We believe in world peace through extortionate license fees." -Bluemeat