Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH & Eudora

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Christi Alice Scarborough
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH & Eudora
On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Christi Alice Scarborough wrote:

> Is what is put between the colons at all significant? Or do they just
> serve as placeholders / labels for the prompts?

It depends entirely on what the client expects. I understand that some
LOGIN clients require the prompts to be "User" and "Password", but that
others don't mind what they are. One can conceive of some new kind of
mechanism where the "prompts" were actually challenges of some sort, and
did matter.

> On a slightly related note, is there an easy way to get exim to dump its
> compile time options?

cat Local/Makefile      ??  :-)

There's no way to get the binary to do so. It doesn't record them as
such. You can get it to dump runtime options using -bP.