Re: [Exim] Stopping rotation of logs

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Etienne Joubert
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Stopping rotation of logs
On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Etienne Joubert wrote:

> I can tell you that exim does, or atleast the version i got.

As the author of Exim, I can assure you that no version of Exim has ever
done log rotation. The exicyclog utility is provided for that purpose;
how and when it gets run is up to you.

HOWEVER: some people get their Exim packaged up in various ways for
specific operating systems. I can't speak for what goes on in those
cases. If yours is one of those and the logs are getting rotated, then
there is something in cron or a system log rotation scheme that is doing
it. It is not Exim.