Re: [Exim] Email Aliases DB?

Author: Roger Burton West
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Email Aliases DB?
On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 12:46:30PM +0200, Chris Knipe wrote:

>Does Exim support MSSQL, and if not, Philip, will you be able to perhaps
>code support for SQL Server if I am able to provide you with the data
>structures / headers for the MSSQL Server? (I think I have both the socket
>and TCP/IP (Port 1433) headers available should it be needed)

This starts to look as if it might instead be worth putting in support
for Perl DBI - this would then give instant support for pretty much all
the databases that are available at present, with a slight speed penalty
relative to current methods (and of course requiring programming in perl
rather than in C).

It's a shame that there doesn't seem to be a C/C++ library comparable to
DBI, but until there is, I think this is an avenue worth investigating.

Roger

--
Fortunately he didn't manage to configure it enough to send any mails
at all anyway. So he came and asked me how to do that. Now he knows the